Sub domain mx records

I know that I am a bit boring but things interest me.
If I have domain mydomain.com that is already set up on the SimpleLogin and I want to install a SUB domain sub.mydomain.com do I setup only MX records with new subdomain on my registrar page and how do I do it since I already proved that is my domain? And at the end is it even possible ?

1 Like

You can add sub.mydomain.com as a custom domain on SimpleLogin and go through the DNS setup again. Though seemingly similar, a sub domain doesn’t have the same DNS records as the root domain.

1 Like

Hello Son, thank you for your answer. That means adding another txt to verify its my domain? Will DO !!!

2 Likes

Yes, as Son said…and the SimpleLogin DNS page will guide you about how to add the DNS records on the domain registrar.

2 Likes

Yes sorry I forgot to answer that I went through procedure and it was successful. Every day you learn something. Thank you both

2 Likes

Hello,
I’m uping this topic but I have a similar problem but in the opposite way.
I have a SUB domain sub.mydomain.com that is set up on SimpleLogin and I want to install the ‘root’ domain mydomain.com. However it’s impossible because SimpleLogin say to me that “mydomain com already used in a simpleLogin mailbox”.

How can I manage to set up the root domain now ?

Thanks for any help.

1 Like

I´m curious about this topic…
Some updates on this?

I found the problem… The problem was not that I had already a sub domain register, but that i have an email as a MAILBOX set up as me@mydomain.com. In this case, you can’t had a domain.