Sub domain mx records

I know that I am a bit boring but things interest me.
If I have domain mydomain.com that is already set up on the SimpleLogin and I want to install a SUB domain sub.mydomain.com do I setup only MX records with new subdomain on my registrar page and how do I do it since I already proved that is my domain? And at the end is it even possible ?

You can add sub.mydomain.com as a custom domain on SimpleLogin and go through the DNS setup again. Though seemingly similar, a sub domain doesn’t have the same DNS records as the root domain.

Hello Son, thank you for your answer. That means adding another txt to verify its my domain? Will DO !!!

1 Like

Yes, as Son said…and the SimpleLogin DNS page will guide you about how to add the DNS records on the domain registrar.

1 Like

Yes sorry I forgot to answer that I went through procedure and it was successful. Every day you learn something. Thank you both

1 Like

Hello,
I’m uping this topic but I have a similar problem but in the opposite way.
I have a SUB domain sub.mydomain.com that is set up on SimpleLogin and I want to install the ‘root’ domain mydomain.com. However it’s impossible because SimpleLogin say to me that “mydomain com already used in a simpleLogin mailbox”.

How can I manage to set up the root domain now ?

Thanks for any help.