Show my SL email to others

Sometimes it’s difficult to give my address because it’s “long and strange”, as a result, I show my address through my phone, but my real address is showed at the same time.

I’d like to have an option to show only my SL address, for example, pressing in “my fake”

2 Likes

Sometime this happen to me when I want to give my complicated aliases in public. @Son this should be added to the “Feature Request” :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Your sharing of the screenshot to the other person indicates that you are communicating in text format, vs a phone call. What’s preventing you from pasting the actual SimpleLogin alias then? :thinking:

hiding the mailbox (press to reveal) or adding a barcode of the alias would be a nice way to share in person.

I agree. catch-all is available too, which makes it easy to generate any address on the fly.

Sometime its hard when the default aliases are UUID and the catch-all feature is disabled. Also some peoples prefer to write it e.g on a paper,directly to their phone or something else.

And this is just a little enhancement for the mobile apps, also its the SL team who decide :slight_smile:

I love this idea. Personally I never had to show my aliases to someone physically but I guess many people do. So I’ll make the alias tappable, the app opens a fullscreen page which shows nothing but the alias.

2 Likes

That’s indeed a great way to show the alias as the alias will have more room, making it easier to read.

2 Likes

I am not familiar with directories at all. I use SimpleLogin’s domains and my own custom domains for now.

I appreciate others’ need for this feature. :+1:t4: About the default alias format though, one can choose that to be words:

1 Like

There are some users (I believe :joy:) including me for some reasons set UUID as the default random generated aliases.

Sometime I created a barcode of the random generated aliases if needed because its hard to read/mention.

But this is just for the domain that I used for random accounts or for strangers I meet somewhere because I have 3 domains which are separated for random, personal & work.

Here’s a sneak peek of the email screen. It automatically increases the screen’s brightness and allows you to change the font size if necessary.
Simulator Screen Recording - iPhone 13 Pro Max - 2021-11-15 at 22.02.40

3 Likes

Love this - great work

Would love to have this. It would be nice to have the option to show only the alias in case where I have to show my phone screen to others. This has happened to me on several occasions, and I had no choice but to spell out or dictate the email and do the awkward thing of keeping others from seeing my phone screen while I read from it. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

According to this, it’s gonna be implemented (hopefully) soon.

Perhaps you can also add a QR code for people to scan the email? Kind of like a contact card of sorts. Thanks for rolling this out! Super Useful!