Problem adding MX records to custom domain - in conflict with Proton Mail

I am trying to add a custom domain to SimpleLogin. I added the required MX records to my registrar, Godaddy, but records not verifying with SimpleLogin.

I already have this same custom domain with Proton Mail. I am not sure how this works. Do I need to set different priorities for the MX records? I can’t find any info within SimpleLogin related to MX conflicts if you already have it setup with Proton Mail.

1 Like

This is a wild guess, but I think you need different subdomains for each service, like mail.example.com for ProtonMail and spam.example.com for SimpleLogin.

1 Like

You can only have one custom domain attached to one service. You would need to switch your domain from proton to simplelogin or you need to buy a second domain.

1 Like

I had the same problem. It is not possible to use the same domain for two different services, but you can use subdomains as a way to work around this difficulty, as mentioned by a colleague earlier. Just create the subdomains of your interest and configure, for each one, the TXT, MX, etc. records.

The issue is for me that I need to have an email account in ProtonMail but add 100 or so aliases in SimpleLogin.

Is this even possible given the MX conflicts?

I’ve already spent four hours trying to set things up, but this could be a show stopper since PM only gives you a few aliases and I need about 200 in total.

Thanks