Problem adding MX records to custom domain - in conflict with Proton Mail

I am trying to add a custom domain to SimpleLogin. I added the required MX records to my registrar, Godaddy, but records not verifying with SimpleLogin.

I already have this same custom domain with Proton Mail. I am not sure how this works. Do I need to set different priorities for the MX records? I can’t find any info within SimpleLogin related to MX conflicts if you already have it setup with Proton Mail.

1 Like

This is a wild guess, but I think you need different subdomains for each service, like mail.example.com for ProtonMail and spam.example.com for SimpleLogin.

1 Like

You can only have one custom domain attached to one service. You would need to switch your domain from proton to simplelogin or you need to buy a second domain.

1 Like

I had the same problem. It is not possible to use the same domain for two different services, but you can use subdomains as a way to work around this difficulty, as mentioned by a colleague earlier. Just create the subdomains of your interest and configure, for each one, the TXT, MX, etc. records.